The start of a new year is traditionally a time to reflect on the previous year. It is also a time to establish new resolutions.
Popular resolutions include losing weight, getting more fit, getting out of debt, and making more money.
Giving to others tends to be forgotten when creating resolutions. However, their impact on you and others can be more significant than pursuing the more common resolutions.
What are some resolutions related to giving that you can consider as you pursue your own? Consider the following examples:
- Increase your financial giving to church and charities.
- Increase your time donated to important causes.
- Write and send an encouraging note at least weekly.
- Smile and greet the first people you meet every morning.
- Perform an act of kindness at least weekly.
- Search the house for unused, unneeded items and donate them for others to use.
- Increase the number of people you share your faith with.
- Donate your blood multiple times during the year.
- Determine your life purpose.
Your list needs to be unique to you. Use the above items only as a starting point in determining your own.
Be sure to set resolutions for yourself for the upcoming year that will help make a difference in the world. It will provide a special significance throughout the new year as you fulfill these important resolutions.