Using positive affirmations is a proven technique that works miracles in many lives. Ideally, you should look yourself in the eye as you make these positive affirmations. Don’t be shy; go ahead and get started! Repeat the following statements to yourself every Monday morning to get your day and week off to a great start:
- I clearly understand that failure is an event, not a person; that yesterday really did end last night; and that success isn’t final and failure isn’t fatal because I only fail if I quit.
- I have the courage to admit a mistake and to say that I was wrong.
- I have vision in my life, which means that I see not only with my eyes but also with my heart.
- I have 525,600 minutes in every year of my life, and I utilize them well to maximize my ability.
- I am successful because I believe that to be truly educated, I must be mentored–either in business or in my personal life, by reading or by association–by superior minds with greater skills and mature spirits.
- I discipline myself to do the things that I need to do when I need to do them, because I know that doing them will enable me someday to do the things I want to do when I want to do them.
- I clearly understand that if I develop yearning power and apply learning power, I will increase my earning power.
- I am successful because I don’t confuse activity with accomplishment. I know that I can’t make it in life as a wandering generality, so I am a meaningful specific.
- I am successful in all areas of my life because I have a great sense of humor and the ability to laugh at myself.
- I am like an eraser. I recognize my mistakes, I learn from my mistakes, and then I erase those mistakes from my memory. I move forward in my life every day, even if it’s only a tiny step, because I know that great things are accomplished with tiny moves, but nothing is accomplished by standing still.
. . . Adapted from SUCCESS FOR DUMMIES by Zig Ziglar.
Download and print Zig Ziglar’s Self-Talk Card
To maintain the right attitude, Zig encourages you to use his Life-Changing Procedure self-talk card twice daily. Reaching your goals is going to require persistent, consistent effort. Simply download and print the file, and use the card as directed. Within one week you will notice remarkable changes in your life. Note: The file can be printed two-sided, trimmed and tri-folded to fit in your pocket or wallet.